At Yuille Park Community College pod 2 students are split into 2 groups every Tuesday for sport. One group is lucky enough to do Bike ed. Bike Ed is where we learn about riding safely on bikes.
We have learnt:
- you need to wear a helmet
- you need to be a safe distance away from the bike in front of you
- how to communicate with the people in front of you and behind you
Other rules are:
- get off the bike before crossing the road
- always keep your eyes on the track at all times
- don’t be silly on the bikes
At the end of the year some teachers are organising a big bike ride for some pod 2 students.