Fitness at Lake Wendouree

IMG_0881Today the Outdoor Ed group and Mr Guest spent the morning working on our fitness at Lake Wendouree. Soon we will be going on camp so to get our fitness levels up to scratch we attempted to walk and job the lake. We ran 500m and then walked 500m. All up we completed 4km’s of efforts. Well done.

Boys, here’s a few questions about today’s activity:

1: Give me an example of some of the encouragement you heard today from other members of our group.
2: Do you think you need to improve your fitness? Why or why not?
3: Next time do you think you can complete a full lap of the lake?
4: Who was the track we ran around named after? and why is he famous?Lake Fitness

12 thoughts on “Fitness at Lake Wendouree

1. 1. The cheering I heard today was keep on going ,your doing a good job. I think that was a perfect thing that people were doing.
    2. Next time I think I can do it again because it will improve my fitness and I think that I can do it again because I do it better every time.
    3. Yes I think I can improve my fitness because I can get slow at times and I eat to much meat.
    4. The person who ran the track was Steve Monagetti and the reason he is famous is because he ran in the Olympics and that why he is famous and that is why the track is named after him.

• Wow Codi, it sounds as though you were really supporting each other while you ran around the lake. Keep up the fitness and running! I can’t wait to hear about how far you’re running by the start of term 4.

2. 1. Some of the encouragement I heard was keep on going Tyson.

2. Yes I need to improve because I felt like I was going to pass out. I was tired because of star club.

3. No I don’t as I am not fit enough yet.

4. The track was named after Steve Monaghetti because he made the Olympics.

3. 1. I heard Austin encourage Tyson when Tyson was about to give up, he said come on keep on going.
    2. I think I need to improve my fitness because I get picked on by my sisters because I am weak, that’s why I started weight lifting.
    3. Next time I will totally not be able to do it because I was struggling all ready.
    4. The track was named after stave Monaghetti, it was named after him because he was in the Olympics.

• Camden!! You will be able to do it next time!! Positive attitude! Believe in yourself, work hard and you can do anything you choose!

4. 1.The encouragement I heard was keep going and you’re doing well.
    2. Yes I am fit enough as I was at the front.
    3. No because it was a long way.
    4. It was named after Steve Monaghetti because he made the Olympics.

• You have so much energy Jordon! Even after your fitness session you were running around every where. What other sports and activities do you do to keep so fit?

5. Keep it up boys and you can make it.

No because I play footy and stay fit.

I can complete a full lap of the lake.

Steve Monagetti because he was a runner in the Olympics.

• Good on you Austin! I am very proud of your fitness! If you can already run a lap of the lake, what other goal could you set for yourself to improve your fitness?

6. 1. I heard people saying good job an keep going.

2. I do not need to improve because I was at the front the whole time.

3. Yes I am fit enough already.

4.The Monaghetti track was name after Steve because he made it to the Olympics.

• Did you know that Mr Guest can run over 3 laps of the lake without stopping… Do you think you could challenge him one day?