Internet safety is of upmost important to us.
Through blogging, the students in POD 2 at Yuille Park Community College have the opportunity to learn about appropriate online behaviours in an authentic and supervised setting.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging:
1. Student’s first names, photos, videos and work MAY be included on the blog
2. Student’s surnames, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and specific plan WILL NOT be included on the blog
3. Posts written by students will be checked by the POD 2 teachers before being published to the blog
4. All comments will be approved before being posted to the blog
5. All comments must be polite, respectful and courteous
6. Students will be encouraged to comment on the blog with teacher/parent supervision
7. Parents who leave comments on the blog are to only use the first name of their child only so as not to identify their child. For example please comment such as ‘Sally – Emma’s mum’ NOT ‘Sally Brown – Emma’s mum’
8. Others work will only be included with permission and attribution – saying who did the work and where it comes from.
A big thank you to Kathleen Morris for allowing us to use her Blogging guidelines